We are excited you will be joining us in the Mile High City for CAPLAW's 2017 National Training Conference! Come explore this American metropolis famous for its Old West history, urban sophistication, and natural beauty. Take in the Denver sunshine and the fresh Rocky Mountain air!
How To Get Around
There are plenty of transporation options in Denver, it all depends on where you want to go! The RTD light rail follows I-25 into downtown and beyond and makes stops at attractions such as the Pepsi Center, Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park, and Coors Field.
Denver is one of the most active cities in the country with a web of dedicated bike paths weaving throughout the metropolitan area. Denver's bike-sharing program Denver B-Cycle provides 800 bikes at 88 stations, making it quick and easy to get riding. The city is also fun on foot, with many paths and parks as well as local attractions within walking distance of the conference hotel.
What To Do
Denver is filled with places to go and things to see! Many of Denver's attractions can be found on the Denver tourism bureau. Here are a few highlights:
- Larimer Square is a historic district located at the very spot Denver was founded. Here you'll find an array of independent shops, bars and restaurants.
- Denver Zoo has spent the last century inspiring connections with animals and building on its mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding. The zoo has a number of exciting exhibits including their first ever exhibit Bear Mountain, which opened in 1918.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science opened to the public on July 1, 1908. Since then museum staff and volunteers have worked passionately to expand their exhibitions, conduct research, and create opportunities for citizens to become actively involved in science. Their vision is to help grow an empowered community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
- 16th Street Mall is packed with shops, restaurants, and attractions. This mile-long mall has shuttle buses (complimentary) as well as horse-drawn carriages and pedi-cabs available to help you get around. The pedestrian promenade has a red, white and gray pattern that when seen from above resembles the skin of a diamondback rattlesnake.
- Confluence Park is a unique and scenic experience featuring a custom-build chute for kayaking, sandy banks for sun-bathing, and free concerts every Thursday evening throughout the summer. Here you can hop aboard the Denver Trolley for a 30-minute scenic ride along the South Platte River.
- Denver Botanic Gardens is one of the top five botanic gardens in the nation. Come explore the Gardens' seven living collections, two natural history collections (herbaria), library and art collections. Check their website for events such as: evening vinyasa yoga, botanical illusatration lessons, and gardening workshops.
- Downtown Aquarium offers not only acquatic and geographic exhibits, but a full-service restaurant, upscale bar, and a Mystric Mermaid's show.
Where to Eat
The conference hotel is surrounded by a variety of restaurants sure to please even the pickiest of palates. Here's a sample of what's around:
- La Loma is a warm, welcoming spot for Mexican Cuisine, only .2 miles (5 minute walk) from the hotel.
- Guard and Grace is a contemporary steakhouse with a raw bar, located across the street from the hotel.
- range Restaurant has Western-inspired New American dining, just a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
- Etai's Bakery Cafe offers fresh artisan breads and baked goods, salads, sandwiches, coffee, fresh juice, and inventive daily specials. The cafe is only .3 miles from the hotel (a 7 minute walk).
- The Broker Restaurant is a surf'n'turf specialist, located in a historic bank building with private dining in the vault, just .2 miles from the hotel.
- Pho 16th Vietnamese Grill serves up authentic Vietnamese cuisine just .2 miles from the hotel.
- The British Bulldog is the perfect spot for soccer and rugby fans. This dark, woody pub serves British/Indian eats and is a short .3 miles from the hotel.
- The Oceanaire boasts fresh fish and perfect wine, located .6 miles from the hotel, about a 12 minute walk.
- The Delectable Egg is a homey American breakfast and lunch spot, located .4 miles (8 minute walk) from the hotel.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory has a menu full of made-from-scratch italian dishes, including their infamous Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter. Only an 8 minute walk from the hotel!
- Appaloosa Grill a.k.a “The Horse” is an American/World traditional restaurant and live music venue. The Grill boasts two happy hours daily and the kitchen is open until 1:30am nightly. Located just .2 miles from the hotel.