CAPLAW Legal Trainings
CAPLAW presents on varying topics pertitent to Community Action Agencies at workshops across the country and throughout the year, ranging from Board and Nonprofit Governance and Fundraising to Lobbying and Political Issues. Workshops can be tailored to your individual organization's conference. For more information, please contact Ashley Billingsley at (617) 357-6195 or at email@example.com.
CAPLAW Employer Smarts Program
We are also excited to annouce that CAPLAW has teamed up with the national employment law firm of Fisher & Phillips LLP to create the Employer Smarts Program, offering our members an array of reasonably-priced legal services. CAPLAW works with its members on a range of employment law issues. We understand that lack of access to an attorney and Community Action Agency (CAA) budget limitations can be challenging. Learn more about the program and services available to CAAs.
CAPLAW has presented on recent topics such as:
- CAA Legal Essentials: CSBG, Head Start and Federal Grant Law
- Effective CAA Governance
- Engaging Your CAA’s Tripartite Board
- Reduce Risks Associated with Your CAA’s Communications Program
- Critical Issues in Creating and Operating Community Economic Development Ventures
- Legal and Financial Accountability for CAAs
- Employment Law Update
- Keeping Good Time: Wage and Hour Law
- Americans with Disabilities Act Update
- Lobbying and Political Activity: Playing by the Rules